23 Feb Chocolate Banana Bread
Chocolate Banana Bread
1 1/4 cups Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate (Baker’s yellow box)
3/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
3 very ripe mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F (175⁰C). Lightly butter three 6″ x 3″ mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan.
- Mix Cloud 9 Baking Mix with baking powder, salt, sugar, baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, chop up the sweet chocolate and the walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sour cream and vanilla then add the bananas. Mix the chocolate/nut mixture into the dry mixture and fold in the wet mixture until incorporated.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let them cool for 30 minutes in the pans and then turn them out onto a rack to cool completely.
You can substitute dark/white chocolate, butterscotch pieces for semi-sweet chocolate. Or chocolate chips.
Feel free to omit the walnuts or add your favourite of nut, seed or dried fruit.
If you have time, let the eggs and sour cream come to room temperature or very close to it.
Substitute dairy-free sour cream or full-fat plain yogurt for the sour cream.