23 Apr Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake
For the crust:
1/2 cup Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix
2 ounces (50g) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
Directions for base:
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add Cloud 9 Baking mix, sugar, egg, salt and vanilla. Mixing just until ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of a buttered 10″ springform pan.
- Bake at 300⁰F (150⁰C) for 15 minutes and then allow to cool.
For the filling:
3 tbsp Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix
1 tsp cream of tartar
6 large eggs, separated
1 1/2 cup sugar + 3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp mace
500g cream cheese
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups (500ml) sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Directions for filling:
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy.
- Add the 3 tbsp of sugar to the egg whites and beat until stiff. Set the mixture aside. In a mixing bowl, mix together the Cloud 9 Baking mix, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, mace and nutmeg. Set aside. Beat the cream cheese until soft and add the egg yolks one at a time while beating.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree, followed by the sour cream and vanilla. In the same bowl beat in the dry mix. Fold in the beaten egg white, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 325⁰F (165⁰C).
- Pour the filling over the base in the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until cake is mostly set. There will be a slight jiggle when the pan is lightly tapped.
- Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven with the door open for 10 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature and then place in the fridge overnight. Serves 12.
To simplify or if you prefer a different base you can use a premade graham cracker or a chocolate cookie crust.
You can leave the cheesecake in the oven overnight and then cool in the fridge the next day if your baking space is not too warm/hot.
This cheesecake freezes well, wrapped tightly for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight before serving.