19 Mar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 3/4 cups Cloud 9 All Purpose Baking Mix
1/2 tsp baking soda
7/8 cup of butter
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
250g (2 cups) bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F (176⁰C). Adjust rack to middle of the oven.
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, silicone sheets or non-stick pans.
3. Whisk Cloud 9 All Purpose Baking Mix, with baking soda and salt.
4. Melt butter, mixing together with both sugars and vanilla, until mixed. Approximately 1 minute. Add whole egg and yolk, whisking until thoroughly mixed. You want a lump-free mixture.
5. Stir the dry mix into the wet mix, along with the chocolate chips, adding nuts if desired. You want to make sure that there are no dry bits of flour but try not to overmix.
6. Using a spoon or scoop, divide cookies dough into 16-18 even-sized pieces. Place onto prepared baking sheets, shaping into the same round size.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be puffed and golden in colour, with set edges.
8. Let cookies cool completely before eating or enjoy them warm!
Butter does not need to be completed melted, just very soft, or melted halfway.
Add 3/4 cup of your favourite nuts, seeds or dried fruit. Or change the chocolate chips to milk, white or butterscotch.
Baked and wrapped, these cookies freeze very well, up to 3 months.
Unbaked, freeze portioned cookies in a single layer, making sure cookies are not touching. When frozen wrap cookies well, freezing for up to 3 months. Defrost unbaked cookies in the fridge, then bring to room temperature before proceeding with steps 1-8.