08 Mar Chocolate Protein Bar
Posted at 07:30h in Granola Bar Mix
Chocolate Protein Bar
Makes 12 – 50g bars. Each bar contains 9 grams of protein.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup whole almonds – roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Cloud 9 Granola Bar Mix
- 2 scoops (62g) chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- Line an 8”x8” baking pan with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F (175⁰C).
- Combine almonds and Cloud 9 Granola Bar Mix on a large baking sheet.
- Toast in oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Soak dates in hot water (10-15 min.) or simmer with water in a small sauce pan on medium heat, until soft.
- Drain excess liquid from dates.
- In a small food processor, pulse dates until they are pureed. This will be quite thick.
- In a medium sized bowl, add date puree, almond butter, chocolate protein powder, cocoa and rice milk.
- Mix until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add toasted mixture and stir until combined.
- Press into prepared pan and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into desired pieces and wrap individually.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.