23 Feb Vanilla Cupcakes
2 cups Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix 2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F (176⁰C). Line cupcake pans with approximately 18 paper liners.
- Whisk together the Cloud 9 Baking Mix, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Heat the milk and the butter in the microwave or on the stove until the butter melts, stir in the vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar together until pale and thick, about 6 minutes. Fold 1/3 of the dry mixtures into the eggs using a spatula.
- Then add 1/2 of the milk mixture. Repeat with remaining dry mixture and milk.
- Begin and end with dry mixture.
- Spoon batter into the paper cups until 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
You can substitute nut milk (cashew, almond) or soy milk for dairy milk.
You substitute vegan butter or margarine for dairy butter.