23 Feb Cream of Mushroom Soup
Posted at 11:53h in Baking Mix
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups milk or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in Cloud 9 Baking Mix, then add the milk or chicken stock slowly.
- Bring the soup to just a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add the whipping cream and heat, but do not boil. Serves 4 to 6 people.