23 Feb Black Bean & Avocado Sorghum Salad
Black Bean & Avocado Sorghum Salad
Serves: Approx. 3 Prep time using pre-cooked Pearled Sorghum: Approx. 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (drained) canned or pre-cooked black beans
- 1 cup avocado medium diced
- 1 cup cooked Cloud 9 Organic Pearled Sorghum
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaf for garnish
Mix all ingredients and serve as a side dish or serve on a bed of mixed greens. Optional: add salad dressing of your choice. Garnish with a basil leaf.
Sorghum Tips: Follow cooking instructions on Cloud 9 Organic Pearled Sorghum and cook ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to one week and use in recipes as needed. Or cook freeze and reheat – always delicious and never soggy.
If using frozen Sorghum first defrost in the microwave or place in a sieve and pour boiling water over until defrosted.